It's been a whirlwind time for NCT 127. Before kicking off their Neo City The Origin Tour, members Mark, Johnny, Taeyong, Doyoung, Jungwoo, Haechan and Taeil took every opportunity they had last week to make the best of their time in New York City, and made sure to document it all on social media. If the group had a bucket list of things to do in the Big Apple, they certainly checked off several of those in an impressive amount of time.
In terms of promoting the North American leg of their Origin Tour, NCT 127 approached it from a very grassroots perspective. It's been unlike most K-pop touring efforts thus far, primarily because of how incredibly on-the-ground the group has been and open about their whereabouts while literally touring the city.
Now that NCT 127 is officially on the road with New Jersey, Atlanta and Miami under their belts, let's recap just how touristy the members were in New York!
- The 18th marked NCT 127's U.S. morning show debut with performances on Good Morning America and Strahan and Sara, where they dropped a surprise new single, "Superhuman".
- NCT 127 visited Cafe Habana To Go, where they ate elotes, and visited the store Unis across the street.
- NCT 127 casually walked around Times Square
- Taeyong tours Brooklyn and documents it all over Instagram.
- Johnny and Doyoung visit the Vessel at Hudson Yards
- Taeyong visits the Starbucks Reserve New York Roastery, because if you're going to drink Starbucks in NYC, you might as well do it in style.
- The group walks the High Line
- Doyoung plays chess in Washington Square Park; did he win? We will never know.
- NCT 127 surprise fans by joining YouTuber GoToe's Random Play Dance at the Washington Square Arch. There's nothing quite as special as being able to say that you danced alongside a K-pop group.
- Taeyong visits Dun-Well Doughnuts in East Village.
- Haechan snaps a photo in A1 Record Shop
- Taeyong, Haechan, Yuta, Jungwoo and Taeil visit Caffè Vita
- NCT 127 celebrate Easter at St. Patrick's Cathedral
- NCT 127 stops by the iHeart Media offices for a chat with Ellie Lee,
- followed by an interview with SiriusXM; while there, the group ran into Lil Dicky.
- Mark updates from Union Square, where the group dropped down into Whole Foods for a quick bite at their open bar.
- NCT 127 talk with Build Series. Among the many things that happened this day, one highlight was hearing Doyoung singing Ariana Grande and Billie Eilish a cappella.
- The guys show up for their NCT 127 We Are Superhuman EP pre-order meet and greet at Rough Trade NYC. It's announced that the EP will drop on May 24.
- NCT 127 officially kicks off Neo City The Origin Tour in New Jersey!
Phew! Talk about getting your steps in. Let us know if you were able to catch any of the NCT 127 members in the streets of New York. And if you're going to any of their upcoming shows, share your thoughts with us in the comments section below!
Cover Image: NCT 127 (SM Entertainment)
Written by Arnold